Portland Community Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality patient centered healthcare that is accessible, affordable, and culturally sensitive.
At Portland Community Health Center we offer a wide variety of services to help meet your physical and emotional needs.
We partner with specialists, hospitals, pharmacies, and other providers in the Portland and South Portland community to make sure that patients receive holistic care and needed services. We have both male and female healthcare providers for you to choose from at our health centers. Our excellent doctors and nurse practitioners look forward to developing an on-going medical partnership with you. During your visit we will take the time to know you as a whole person: physically and emotionally. We partner with our patients and want you to be involved in your care.
Our Health Care Services:
- Primary Health Care for all ages , including Pediatrics, Geriatrics, and Women’s Health
- Annual Physicals, Well Child Visits, Medicare Wellness Exams, Physicals for work, sports, and camp
- Sick Visits
- Chronic Disease Management (Eg. Diabetes, Asthma, Hypertension, Heart Disease, etc.
- Osteopathic manipulative medicine
- Lab Work
- Counseling and mental health
- Recovery Groups
- Support and Education Groups
- Heath Education
- Health Insurance Marketplace Assistance
- Dental Care
To schedule an appointment please call (207) 874-2141.
Making it Easy
We strive to be a safe and welcoming place that is governed by the community and provide excellent, affordable, preventative and primary healthcare, including mind, body, and spirit, for individuals and families. We want to help everyone get the medical care they need, so we try to remove barriers wherever we can. We can help by:
- Setting up payment plans
- Giving bus passes or cab vouchers to those who need help with transportation
- Getting medical records from another provider if needed
- Offering medications on site for those who cannot afford to pay
- Providing medically trained interpreters in many languages
We also offer patients the opportunity to come and meet our providers so that you can find the right doctor or nurse practitioner for you. We are a local health center with five locations in the Portland and South Portland area.
Payment and Insurance
We welcome people with and without insurance. We accept:
- All major insurance (Anthem, Aetna, CIGNA, Harvard Pilgrim, United Healthcare)
- Employer self-funded health insurance
For people without insurance we have:
- An Affordable Care Program
- Discounted fees (for those who are eligible)
- Payment plans
- Credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
…that all people deserve access to a safe and welcoming health clinic. …in providing high quality, patient-centered healthcare that is affordable, and culturally sensitive. …in partnering with specialists, pharmacies, and other healthcare providers to provide holistic care for patients. …in spending the time needed with patients to build trust and better understand their health needs. …that there are many ways to heal, and that patients should choose the best approach for them. …in good health and that by working together, our patients can live well and our community can be healthier.
Portland CHC is nationally recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. Portland CHC is a FTCA Deemed Facility